The DS1 Pro is BGVP’s update to the DS1, an IEM that I have never heard of till I received this unit. Aiming squarely at the highly saturated sub-$50 price bracket, the DS1 Pro has to achieve a lot to distinguish itself from the competition.
Product page: https://www.linsoul.com/product-page/bgvp-ds1-pro-iem
Driver configuration: 2BA + 1DD
This DS1 Pro was kindly provided by Linsoul.
My unboxing posts are pretty much the only times I’ll ever talk about build quality, accessories and the like. I’m not really the person to ask about these things as I don’t really care about them that much.
Accessories: tips and cable.
Cable: 2-wire, twist braid. Most likely the same cable as the one provided with the DMG and is very supple. One of my favourite budget cables.
Connection: MMCX. Doesn’t feel very sturdy or secure in my hands, only time will tell if it holds up.
Build: Full plastic build with a metal nozzle. Seems durable from a shallow analysis.
Fit: pretty good fit and comfort. Stays relatively secure.
Isolation: not very good. Will not use outdoors.
- Typical V-shaped response, more biased towards bass than treble.
- Resolution is acceptable but nothing special.
- Almost zero treble extension, may be a dealbreaker for some.
- Decent tonality in the midrange, nothing strikes me as outwardly unnatural.
- Upper midrange is rather forward, making vocals sound very head-y and intense.